Our IT team provides exceptional onsite service to internal and external in a high volume campus. We are growing and looking for a talented IT Support Specialist to join our team who will assist in providing IT services during the hundreds of events we host annually. This new team member will work roughly 20 hours a week, mostly evenings and weekends to ensure our events run smoothly. We will fully equip and train our newest team member.
We want to hear from if you…
- Enjoy working hands-on to solve technical problems
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Excel at customer service and application support
- Like to dig into a problem to find solutions
What you’ll do:
You will work independently providing phone and data support for events at the Xcel Energy Center, Roy Wilkins Auditorium and St. Paul RiverCentre. In addition, you will occasionally provide IT services to our Iowa Wild family. You will work closely with event staff to assist with phone and data wire installation, wireless user assistance, event issue escalation support. The problems you resolve will include the use of hands-on diagnostics at the desktop and event level, and superior documentation in our help request tracking tool. As the position grows, you will collaborate on a variety of IT projects with the team.
- Work closely with event staff to provide phone, data and PC support
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Document all client interaction with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- A.A.S. in computer science
- Knowledge of computer hardware, and other IT related hardware
- Experience with current desktop and server operating systems
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
Please no phone calls. Local candidates only.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.