The NHL is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who will be well versed with the DevOps operating model, to join our IT Infrastructure operations team. They will deploy, secure, manage and monitor servers and services running on both Linux and Windows platform. This role provides a wide variety of services enabling fluid operation of the IT infrastructure group and related services.
The ideal fit for this position will possess a high motivation, provide a high degree of responsiveness, and deliver timely resolutions in a complex 24/7 technical environment. If you're a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, this is a role for you.
This person will provide the highest quality of service and best practice techniques in the areas of maintenance, upgrades, migrations, integrations, & evaluations. They will also be able to leverage their experience to improve the NHL systems infrastructure where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
• Maintain and deploy systems within our virtual and cloud infrastructure.
• Create automation/script processes to further streamline team workflows.
• Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment.
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration.
• Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
• Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
• Ability to diagnose problems from vague initial customer description through the full stack to underlying root cause.
• Be available to provide after-hours support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a strong focus on security best practices.
The qualified applicant will have at least 10 years of IT support experience and at least 5 years administrating Linux Servers, preferably CentOS and/or RedHat. They should also have experience administering Linux services such as Apache, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.
The ideal candidate must also have experience will all of the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, containers such as OpenVZ and Docker, virtual systems (preferably VMware) and experience with Cloud services such as AWS, EC2, S3. They must have a strong understanding of the application stack and experience supporting high-traffic websites.
Qualified applicant will have knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP and experience with storage technologies, SAN/NAS, Disk & Flash technologies, Fiber Channel switches & GigabiteEthernet configuration. Should have experience working with Bash and Python scripting, version control systems, preferably git and experience with Puppet, Ansible or similar configuration management tool.
Additionally, the successful candidate for the job will have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources. Ability to work with minimal supervision, yet able to work in a team environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No emails of phone calls please.