The NHL is seeking to add a Linux Systems Administrator who knows how to operate in a Cloud environment. Well versed in all the core AWS services, how they work, how they don’t. The right candidate will know how to build infrastructure with the robustness to keep servers running 24x7, while maintaining the security of customer data. (EC2, VPC, CloudWatch)
Understanding of Cloud Networking technologies such as VPCs, Security Groups, Direct Connect, VPNs a must. Familiarity with AWS Security Tools including 3rd party tools, 2FA Services. (CloudTrail, Dome9, Centrify)
High degree of proficiency in Automation technologies, you know how to write modules, how to script API calls, because you’ve done it many times before in a 100+ server production environment. (Ansible, Chef, aws ec2, CloudFromation)
Solid Linux background a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Build the full stack of AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration.
- Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
- Ability to diagnose problems from vague initial customer description through the full stack to underlying root cause.
- Available to provide after-hours support.
- Strong Focus on security best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualified applicant will have at least 5 years administrating Linux servers and at least 2 years AWS experience. They will be experienced with: AWS Cloud Core Services - EC2, EBS, S3, etc, AWS Cloud Networking & Security – Security Groups, VPCs, DirectConnect and major Configuration Management / Automation tool (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc). The ideal candidate must be able to write a standalone module/recipe in whichever package your site currently uses. Experience with full stack website operations, at scale, in a 100+ server environment, other virtualization & container technologies – Kubernetes, Docker, VMware, etc and a strong Linux experience (preferably CentOS and/or RedHat) a must.
The successful candidate will have experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 in a Cloud environment, administering core Linux services such as Apache, OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, MySQL, etc.and with Big Data and NoSQL – Hadoop, HBase, Sqoop. Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP, Bash and Python scripting and version control systems, preferably git a must.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No emails of phone calls please.