Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking a Benefits Coordinator to manage its benefits and HRIS initiatives. This position will serve as the first point of contact for managers and employees as it relates to new hire onboarding, benefits and HRIS management. This position will play a key role in supporting the Director, Human Resources with administrative, data entry and new hire processes. The Benefits Coordinator will also support employee initiatives as it relates to the employee benefits experience.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enters and maintains employee benefits information;
• Manages the employee health and welfare benefits enrollments via ADP, UHC, GUARDIAN, MEDCOM, WAGEWORKS;
• Manages maintenance, employee inquiries, benefit vendor invoices;
• Maintains Human Resource records and filing system both past and current records to ensure legal compliance;
• Responsible for managing influx of unemployment claims;
• Manages communications to new hires regarding benefit enrollment;
• Manages full time new hire data processing in ADP and ABI;
• Processes part time employees in ADP/ABI;
• Manages direct deposits, change of address forms;
• Ensures all OSHA posters are ordered and are in appropriate work spaces throughout the arena
• Supports Director, Human Resources with onboarding and employee related initiatives;
General Administrative Functions:
• Responsible for ensuring new hire packets for both FT and PT new hires are created on a monthly basis;
• Owns maintaining monthly birthday and anniversary list as well as overseeing monthly birthday initiatives;
• Enters invoices to Chrome River;
• Manages Business Card approvals;
• Manages initial outreach to potential candidates, supports with light sourcing and coordinating internal interviews;
• Post open roles to respective job boards;
• Supports Director, Human Resources during semi-annual hiring events;
• Responsible for New Hire Welcome Set Up;
• Manages room request for Human Resources initiatives and interviews;
• General administrative functions.
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have the ability and interpersonal effectiveness to promote a people-centric culture;
• Must possess the human resources technical knowledge to coach business counterparts accordingly;
• Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and utmost discretion of information;
• Must have strong communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Suite (specifically Excel);
• Must be an exceptional planner with the ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time;
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and critical-thinking skills;
• Must possess a strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”;
• Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
• Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
• Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences;
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole.
Human Resources Certificate/Certificationsare preferred.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.