Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Position Summary: This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for advising management on Human Resources issues. The Human Resources Manager must be a champion and change agent. The Human Resources Manager assesses, anticipates HR-related needs and makes recommendations as necessary. The Human Resources Manager formulates partnerships across the Human Resources function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Talent Acquisition and management
- Talent Management
- Diversity Outreach
- Manages vendor relationship with talent boards;
- In Conjunction with the Vice President of Human Resources Works with line management, to provide HR guidance when appropriate;
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as necessary;
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention;
- Must be able to maintain a proficient level of human resources knowledge with regards to trends and updates with the purpose of adding value to the organization, developing policy and ensuring compliance; KSAO’s;
- Responsible for the administration, management, and execution and accuracy of total rewards programs which may include but are not limited to:
- Performance Management
- Organizational Development
- Professional Development
- Employee Orientations and on boarding of managers and above
- Processing required paperwork for new hires (offer letters, drug test, backgrounds) PAF’s, promotions, transfers
- Managers new hire set up process (Facilities, IT, Creative, Ops)
- Manages referrals and referral tracker
- Assists in managing the HRIS
- Personal information updates, etc;
- Assists in identifying errors, redundancies, ect.
- Manages the organizational chart to ensure it reflects most current information
- Presents recommendations for process improvement and other changes to increase efficiency and productivity and maintain the company’s competitive advantage;
- Works with the Human Resources staff to assist with policy development, organizational changes and strategic Human Resources initiatives;
- All other duties as assigned
?Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business, Industrial Organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must possess a strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess outstanding problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
PHR or SHRM-CP preferred. If not certified will commit to passing the exam within 18 months.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel).
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.