Community Ice Arena
Customer Service Associate-Part Time
Department: Community Ice Arena
Reports To: Facility Supervisors
This Customer Service Associate is responsible for performing the daily activities required to operate the Chicago Blackhawks Community Ice Arena, including all aspects of cash handling, special events, support of on-ice programming, serving as front desk attendant, a youth hockey instructor, and skate guard during public sessions. This position must provide the highest level of customer service to all clients of the facility.
• Effectively use Max Galaxy registration software.
• Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
• Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers to provide the highest level of customer service.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe work ensure.
• Properly report and document incidents.
• Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole.
• Responsible for front desk duties including, assisting customers and processing transactions.
• Support on-ice programs through scorekeeping youth and adult hockey games.
• Ensures a safe and enjoyable environment as a public skate guard.
• Serves as host for space rentals, tournaments, and special events.
• Act as youth instructor for in house beginner hockey programs.
• Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
• Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• High School degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Preferred 1 year ice rink operations/hockey experience.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Experience using registration/facility/point of sale software preferred.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective facility operations and programs.
• Roles do not require skating ability, except for skate guard and hockey instructor.
• CPR Certification, or will be trained.