The copy ediotr will edit content for NHL.com, including game stories, features and columns mostly at night and on deadline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This positon will:
- Be editing various content for website, including game recaps, previews, columns, breaking news stories and features, for content, grammar and style.
- Have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Write dynamic, informative headlines for various types of content.
- Write or rewrite any breaking news, or other stories, as assigned, from around the League.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with staff and freelance writers to address issues with their stories.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, prior publishing and website experience and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of editing experience. Must have mastery of AP style. Extensive knowledge of hockey at all levels, especially the NHL imperative to this role. Must be able to make sound, evidence-based decisions on tight deadlines, learn new skills, adapt to changing technologies and have superior attention to detail, organizational skills. Must have the proven ability to produce clear, informative copy under tight deadlines. Must be able to work night hours, including weekends.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.