Oversee morning/afternoon copydesk for League website. Work with Editor-in-Chief, Director of Editorial, full-time writers and freelance writers to provide extensive coverage of NHL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Hand out editing assignments to dayside copyeditors; determine which stories should be written for League website; assigning those stories to writers, rewrite editors and copy editors.
- Maintain quality control of website, making sure headlines and subheadlines are accurate, lively and follow NHL.com style.
- Communicate with website producers/designers to keep site lively, fresh, while making sure the top stories are getting prime placement on the site.
- Conceive coverage plan for breaking news, including contacting full-time and freelance writers.
- Contribute ideas for longer-range editorial budgets
The ideal applicant will have a bachelor’s degree, prior publishing and website experience and a minimum 5 to 7-plus years of professional writing, editing and managerial experience. They must have a strong understanding of hockey, the players, teams and content important to NHL fans. Must be able to have an understanding and willingness to adhere to NHL Brand Guidelines. Knowledge of AP style is a must. Successful candidate must have proven ability to produce clear, informative copy under tight deadlines, be able to make sound, evidence-based decisions on tight deadlines; learn new skills, adapt to changing technologies and have superior attention to detail, organizational skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunit, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.