This position will produce content for NHL.com, including breaking news stories, rewrites of stories from other outlets, social channels and edit content for NHL.com, including features, long-form stories, columns and game recaps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Edit multiple forms of content for website, including game recaps, previews, columns, breaking news stories and features, for content, grammar and style.
- Produce content – including breaking news stories, rewrites, pieces off in-house or phone interviews.
- Work under deadline pressure.
- Write dynamic, informative headlines for various types of content.
- Write or rewrite any breaking news, or other stories, as assigned, from around the League.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with staff and freelance writers to address issues with their stories.
The qualified applicant will have a minimum of 7-10 years of editing experience, a bachelor’s degree and prior publishing and website experience. Must have mastery of AP style. Extensive knowledge of hockey at all levels, especially the NHL imperative to this role. Must have the proven ability to produce clear, informative copy under tight deadlines. Must be able to make sound, evidence-based decisions on tight deadlines, learn new skills, adapt to changing technologies and have superior attention to detail, organizational skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.