JOB SUMMARY: The Front Desk Manger is the key person at each rink responsible for tying all departments together. Front Desk Managers must have knowledge of all other departments. The Front Desk is the main point of contact for our customers, so if there are any maintenance issues, scheduling conflicts or any other reason to get in contact with customers, it is done through the Front Desk.
- Must have a working knowledge of all programs: Hockey, Skate School, Figure Skating, Birthday Parties, Public Skate, and Open Hockey sessions.
- Hire, train, and manage staff of Front Desk on all programs which includes: enrolling customers into RMS for hockey leagues and skate school, ringing up sales into RMS for all programs, Open Hockey policies and procedures, locker room procedures, Freestyle procedures, refund procedures, creating VIP cards, and general customer service.
- Hire, train, and manage Skate Guard staff which includes: testing of Skate Guards for competence in ice skating skills and rules and regulations of Public Skate sessions.
- Books birthday parties, Tours, Group Skates, and private events which include: managing staff of party hostesses, liaison with food and beverage provider, and coordinating with building staff any special arrangements for the event.
- The Front Desk Manager and the Front Desk staff must be able to handle all customer complaints on the spot in a calm manner and communicate to the appropriate manager the nature of the complaint.
- Cash management for the POS units which includes: daily deposits, managing the cash in the change safe, arranging for change to be delivered from Loomis or picked up from the bank
- Make weekly schedules for the Front Desk staff, Skate Guards, and Party Hostesses based on the rinks schedules/staffing needs.
- Payroll-verifies and enters payroll into Ultipro for the Front Desk, Skate Guards, and Party Hostesses.
- Responsible for the appearance of the front desk which includes: cleaning, organizing, and maintaining hand out information on all programs.
- High School Hockey-Arranges with the Police Department to have officers present for each high school hockey game, sends check request to the accounting department to have Police Officers paid, arranges staff for ticket taking, rings in all funds collected for gate fees.
- Works approximately 30 hours at the Front Desk per week.
- Inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Updates RMS with team and locker room assignments.
- Apply monthly ice payments.
- Serve as Manager on Duty for a minimum of 2 prime time shifts per week.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
DSE Hockey Centers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer