Assists with the day-to-day operations of KeyBank Center technical communications department.
· Ensure proper operation, performance and maintenance of the technical electronic systems used on event and non-event days.
· Resolve technical communications issues for all in-house departments and a variety of event day part-time technicians.
· Interface with sports team staff, broadcast staff, concert technicians, concert promoters, meeting and event planners.
· Train operators.
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Maintain and upgrades the following systems: Scoring, large screen video display, sound reinforcement, distributed sound, distributed video, broadcast, telephone and computer network systems.
· Work with visiting media to provide telephone, a/v, and data circuits.
· Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and issues.
· Assist in various project work as necessary.
· Ability to work safely and promote a safe work environment.
· Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
· Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident.
· Be responsible and punctual.
· Be courteous and treat people with respect.
· Inform Supervisor as necessary.
A Bachelors degree in electronic engineering or technology, communication electronics, broadcasting/video production preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of field experience required.
Strong technical background required.
Must have good troubleshooting skills and the ability to repair electronic equipment.
Must be able to terminate a/v, data and telephone lines.
Must be able to use electronic test equipment.
Must be able to utilize accumulated knowledge and analytical skills to solve unique problems.
Must be able to remain calm and professional in all situations.
Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
Must be able to work on high ladders and personnel lifts.
Maximum body weight cannot exceed 280 pounds in order to comply with safety limitations of equipment.
Must be able to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs and handle tools.
Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
Western New York Arena, LLC retains the right to change this job description at any time. “WNY ARENA, LLC IS AN EOE”