The Service Desk Manager coordinates the day-to-day activities of the NHL Service Desk team. This role serves as the communication link between the support team and the Director of Support Services, as a coach/mentor to support staff, and as the first point of support escalation within the Service Desk.
As Service Desk Manager, you’ll be responsible to manage support team performance while executing the operational and tactical plans of the ServiceDesk. You’ll prioritize and schedule service desk activities to maximize issue resolutions in minimum time. Coordinate development and training activities for the Service Desk staff. Work with the Director of Support Services to analyze service desk activities, develop process improvements, and recommend tool improvements which optimize service delivery and staff performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Manage team performance, schedules, and schedule adherence.
- Keep team informed of corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure the team has and uses the required tools and software to identify, document, track and
- resolve issues.
- Coach and mentor the team, providing necessary resources to improve knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical support to the Service Desk team and to Service Desk customers.
- Identify training opportunities, coordinating with the Director of Support Services to ensure each support member is provided the training necessary for their skills to improve.
- Maintain consistent communication with Director of Support Services, keeping him/her informed of all issues pertinent to the success of the team.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3-5 years of service desk supervisory experience and must be willing and able to support 24/7 operations. They must have excellent communication skills and be customer experience focused with demonstrated results providing support services. Must have excellent computer and technical troubleshooting skills, be able to deal effectively with all types of internal/external customers and work successfully both independently as well as be a team player.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OF PHONE CALLS PLEASE.