This position is responsible for providing Level 1 and Level 2 support for the NHL ServiceDesk as well as in person, customer focused support of business related technologies, systems and services.
Level 1 support:
- Monitor and respond to calls on the NHL ServiceDesk in a courteous, professional manner
- Facilitate issue resolution, providing alternative solutions to problems and proactively enhancing application support and implementation procedures
- Utilize ServiceDesk ticketing system to track issues and document support interactions
- Primary focus is customer support for NHL employees and partners, including Executive Level support.
- Respond in person, over the phone, or via remote assistance to address all user issues.
- Work closely with other members of the ServiceDesk, via group chat and phone, to provide coverage to all NHL offices and numerous off site users, and to actively participate in ensuring that all support staff are aware of any conditions that might impede normal operations immediately or in the future.
Level 2 support: anything needing in person support:
- Analyze software/hardware performance issues
- Create, properly document, categorize and close ServiceDesk tickets for all interactions
- Appropriately escalate interactions as needed
- Partner with other groups in the NHL Technologies to resolve multi-layer problems
- Meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA) 95% incident resolution
- Stay knowledgeable and keep current in the support and technology fields
- Possess general technology knowledge, including: Windows 7, Mac OSX, Office 2010+,
- Printer, Audio\Video, Mobile iOS
- Hardware knowledge (hard drive, video card, RAM etc.)
- Deploy hardware
- Install customized software
- Project related tasks
- Awareness and escalation of compliance and security related issues
- Continue to remain educated through knowledgebase
- Ability to work and build relationships at Individual contributor to executive level.
- Business partnership/conduit within the business
- Executes with direction
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of coursework. A minimum of 3 to 5 years IT end-user support / IT ServiceDesk experience is mandatory for this role. The roles requires someone who displays excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. They must be disciplined, organized and detail oriented and have the flexibility to respond to multiple changing priorities and must also be able to multi-task efficiently. The successful candidate will be customer service oriented, a motivated self starter and a willing team member. They should demonstrate initiative and possesses a positive, energetic and solutions-oriented attitude, always willing to go the extra mile to ensure objectives are met. Great interpersonal skills are needed with a proven ability to build solid relationships with all levels of NHL staff. Must have the ability to effectively deal with unforeseen and/or urgent situations in a calm, efficient and prompt manner. A patient phone demeanor and ability to communicate effectively with users of differing technical abilities imperative to this role. Must have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of confidence while also possessing a willingness to participate in a group environment where communications may take on many forms is essential. Some night/evening/weekend hours and some travel may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.