Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware 87ers, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Team Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to shuttle employees to and from both the Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex and Prudential Center for games, meeting, and events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Shuttle employees to and from both the Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex and the Prudential Center.
- Greet employees
- Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
- Drive routine stops as scheduled
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Follow state and federal transit regulations.
- Keep passengers informed of delays.
- Check the book for owner’s card and insurance information.
- Inspect Van at start and finish of shift.
- Complete vehicle maintenance at start of shift and end of shift.
- Complete vehicle log form.
- Drivers must wear seatbelts and follow Dept. of Motor Vehicles Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure that front seat is reserved for handicap employees; Staff that have handicap ID are to be picked up and dropped off at their vehicles.
- Shuttle employees from employee parking facility to designated drop off point.
- Van Drivers are required to work their full shift and are not permitted to leave early unless specifically authorized by Employer.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License
- Must be available Monday thru Thursday and on Home game days for the New Jersey Devils Background and drug test required
- Strong oral and written communications skills and reading skills in the English language
- Ability to read a map or program a GPS device
- Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude
- Must demonstrate a good sense of direction and familiarity with the general area/region