JOB SUMMARY: The Office Manager is the key person that is responsible for tying all departments within the StarCenter together. Office Manager must have knowledge of all departments within the StarCenter, including learn-to-skate, learn-to-play, birthday parties, youth hockey, adult hockey, and private events. Because the Front Desk is the main information center for StarCenter customers, a welcoming atmosphere should be cultivated by the Office Manager and all Front Desk Associates, as well as be the place where majority maintenance issues, scheduling conflicts, and patron questions can be handled.
Individual will be responsible for selling and training Front Desk/Event Staff to service:
- Group Skating Packages
- Corporate Events to local companies
- Private Ice Rentals
- o Including completion of necessary Ice Rental Agreements and logging in the StarCenter database
- Birthday Parties
- Create and utilize a contact information data base for all event guests for promotional purposes.
- Analyze retention rates of Academy Programs once per quarter and assist Management Team in putting together innovative initiatives to keep customers in the program and coming back
- Assist Management Team with conversions from Grassroots Programs like the Try Skating for Free Program and Rookies Programs to continue to build the customer base in both Academy programs
FRONT DESK DUTIES
- Creation and maintenance of schedules:
- Skate Guards
- Party Hosts(ess)
- Party Skating Instructors
- Front Desk Associates
- Processing and Verification of payroll into Paylocity for Front Desk Associates, Skate Guards and Party Hosts(ess)
- Preparation and submission of Daily Deposits
- Cash Management for the POS units which includes managing the cash in the change safe and arranging for change to be delivered from Loomis or picked up from the bank
- Training and Delegation of Game Schedule Audits
- Training and Delegation of Locker Room maintenance in MaxGalaxy
- Reconciliation Freestyle Log Sheets with Membership Cards and Point-of-Sale transactions to ensure there is no slippage
- Ensure Front Desk is always professional and presentable, creating a welcoming atmosphere through staff training on a high level of customer service and care of the facility
- This also includes cleaning, organizing, and maintaining promotional materials on all programs
- Order office supplies for Facility StarCenter Management Team
- Track attendance for each activity in the building. Log the information daily in the attendance tracker provided by the Senior General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Hire, train and manage staff of Front Desk Associates on all programs, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Processing enrollments in MaxGalaxy for programs and leagues
- Ringing up all sales through MaxGalaxy POS, league and activity modules
- Enforcing Open Hockey Policies & Procedures
- Enforcing Locker Room Procedures
- Enforcing Freestyle / Figure Skating Procedures
- Enforcing Public Skating Session Policies & Procedures
- Processing Refunds
- Booking Birthday Parties & Special Events
- Hire, train and manage Skate Guard & Event Hosts(ess) staff
- Serve as Manager on Duty for a minimum of two (2) prime-time shift per week
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree is required; Marketing or Business focus is preferred.
- One to three years of experience.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines a must.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments and vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of (job specific programs)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with customers
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Willingness to learn existing and new programs and try new initiatives
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and special events as they are integral to the success of the respective departments
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle large objects, tools, carts and drive machinery. Reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, talk, and hear for up to 8-14 hours a day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function, and may be also exposed to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise, fumes etc.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
DSE Hockey Centers, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer