We are currently accepting applications for a part time Security Officer. Our team is committed to providing a safe and secure campus to our employees and guests. We work hockey games, concerts, conventions, large and small events and also present during the week’s business hours. We are staffed 24/7.
Who are we looking for? Working on a close team, you will be part of a group that is dedicated, supportive and knowledgeable. You will have sound judgement, the ability to stay calm under pressure and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.
Position Summary/Description: The purpose of this position is to observe and report any conditions which may negatively affect the safety and/or security of the Xcel Energy Center, 317 On Rice Park and the RiverCentre Complex.
- Observe conditions or incidents and report incidents/conditions to the appropriate management staff and/or St. Paul Police/Fire Departments
- Walk the campus to perform timely and accurate security/safety patrols including stairwells
- Respond to requests for assistance from MSE staff and visitors for a variety of security issues (fire, medical emergencies, etc.)
- Attentively monitor and operate security camera systems and digital recording devices
- Gather and report any information about unusual events that occur on our campus
- When requested, provide escorts of persons to and from locations within the campus facilities
- Freight management – monitor and track deliveries, lift, push, and pull freight to move and deliver it when needed
- Will work different days and shifts depending on need
- Other event-related duties as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
- 6 to 12 months experience in security-related field, preferably experience in uniformed contract security company, military experience or law enforcement.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- First aid certification preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and other department personnel and management
- Previous experience with Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) or Access Controls systems helpful
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc
- Ability and flexibility to work day, evening, overnight hours and holidays
- Shifts are 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 3 - 11 p.m.
- Average of 25 hours per week
- Hourly rate is $11.00 + increase after successful 6 month review