On and off the ice, the people of Sharks Sports and Entertainment are motivated, enthusiastic team players. We host incredible, world class entertainment, major events, operate community ice rinks, and of course are home to the legendary San Jose Sharks. We know what it takes to win, and continue to be one of the most exciting sports and entertainment franchises in the Bay Area.
Want to be part of our winning team? Send us your resume today!
The Ushering and Emergency Medical Manager, acting under the general direction of the Director of Guest Service, manages the department of Ushering and Emergency Medical, and is responsible for leading and motivating the team of part-time ushers and emergency medical employees. Providing event guests with a safe and enjoyable experience through effective crowd management and exceptional Guest Service is the key focus.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities and evaluate department staff.
• Anticipate and respond to customer needs, requests, and concerns in a manner that preserves excellent customer relations.
• Implement and refine People Management Plan.
• Communicate Guest Services philosophy to all departments’ employees and keep peers advised of guest services issues and problems.
• Implement process and support systems that consistently measures and improves performance.
• Oversee department operations, administration, reporting and records.
• Oversee scheduling and positioning of employees to best accomplish guest service needs and cost effectiveness per event.
• Be committed to “world class” operations in terms of a professional business; understand the needs SSE vision and purpose so that objectives are achieved.
• Meet with booking directors and touring show representatives to determine security measures and other guest services requirements on a per event basis.
• See that all credential access policies are enforced.
• See that ADA regulations are understood and practiced.
• Create documents that support policies and procedures relating to Ushering, Emergency Medical, and Event Security.
• Develop, document and implement building policy and procedures.
• Develop and implement budgets for each event and daily support operations within staffing and cost guidelines.
• Oversee the processing of the Ushering and Emergency Medical payroll including spot-checking for accuracy and contract compliance.
• Develop, document and implement emergency and evacuation procedures for all Sharks Sports and Entertainment facilities.
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 – 8 years of related professional experience with at least 2 years managing a flexible workforce.
• Ability to counsel, coach and motivate employees and to effectively manage performance when necessary.
• Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated work ethic, drive, energy, and persistence to achieve goals
• Ability to maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing and difficult situations
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and various technology
• Written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
• Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
• Ability to compose professional internal and external business communications including reports, memos, letters, and e-mails
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative, goal-oriented relationships with other departments.
• Strong analytical and financial skills.
• Experience in managing PT seasonal temporary workforce a plus.
• Exhibit company core values:
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.