JOB SUMMARY: Provides technological support to a multitude of diverse systems. This position must have a strong technology aptitude, willingness to learn new technologies, and a customer service focused attitude and personality. The appropriate candidate will have a significant drive to succeed and be willing to admit when additional expertise is needed to remediate an issue or architect a new solution. This position requires creative and out of the box thinking to address user issues in a timely manner.
- Participate and lead initiatives related to the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and ongoing usability of all LAN, Wifi, Server, Application, SAN, Telephony, Personal Computing and Mobile Devices.
- Work with Manufacturer and 3rd Party Vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems as needed.
- Establish and follow all IT standards, procedures, and policies in regards to security and operational efficiencies and control.
- Works closely with the IT group, and business users to plan, purchase, and implement technological solutions
- Primary duties include resolution, maintenance, upkeep and proactive troubleshooting of servers, server appliances, core applications and related technology.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the technology environment.
- On-call and event duty rotation is required
- Troubleshooting skills
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School degree
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines a must.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments and vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Windows Server and Desktop OS
- Active Directory
- Basic networking
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Extended working hours periodically required as directed by business needs.
- Nimble Storage
- Veeam and Cloudberry backup systems
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
DSE Hockey Club, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer