JOB SUMMARY: This Director is responsible for prospecting, pursuing, and developing new corporate partnerships including signage, print, promotions, media, digital, hospitality, and youth initiatives. This position will also be tasked with managing, renewing, and growing and existing book of business. The Director will be instrumental in assisting the Vice President in the development and implementation of strategic departmental plans consistent with company objectives.
- Prospect, develop and maintain new business partnerships to accomplish sales goals
- Manage existing accounts, recognizing high renewal rate each season
- Explore and grow prospect list utilizing creative ideas for lead generation
- Attend networking events to develop and maintain new professional relationships
- Monitor marketplace, including local and national sports and entertainment properties
- Document and track sales process through CRM maintaining extremely organized notes
- Liaison with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas
- Integrate available assets from Dr Pepper StarCenter, Dr Pepper Arena, Foundation and Texas Stars into relevant Dallas Stars partnerships
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in partnership sales
- Strong prospecting, analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent, professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detailed, motivated, and able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in competitive marketplace
- Proven track record of personal and team achievement
- Comfortable working with all personality types at the staff and management levels
- Demonstrate creativity in the development on long-term strategic relationships
- Sufficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required and travel as needed.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
DSE Hockey Club, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer